Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is eco-friendly/green home cleaning? How is it different from regular cleaning?
A: An eco-friendly cleaning (or “green” cleaning) is different from a regular cleaning in many ways. The main one being a green cleaning experience is considerably better for the environment, the health of you and your family and for your pets. Our products do not contain any chemicals and allow for a green, non-toxic, allergen-free cleaning experience. Also, ecomaids adheres to the highest professional green cleaning standards. During your clean with ecomaids you can feel better about keeping your family safe and helping the environment.
Q: What’s so special about ecomaids?
A: There are actually a number of things that make ecomaids special:
- Green cleaning products and methods are not an add-on service or something we consider a “trend”. We are founded on green cleaning principles.
- Green Seal and EPA Safer Choice certifications showing we meet and exceed the highest professional green cleaning standards.
- Our 64-Point Checklist ensures your home is thoroughly cleaned and helps our professionally trained cleaning technicians to ensure cross-contamination doesn’t happen between room in your home.
- All of our cleaning technicians are professionally trained, work as part of our company (no outsourcing or outside contractors), and are fully authorized to work in the USA.
- Fully bonded and insured.
Q: What is the Green Seal certification?
A: Green Seal certification is given to companies and manufacturers who commit to adhering to a higher standard of guidelines and compliance methods in an effort to help promote a sustainable environment. ecomaids is Green Seal certified and is proud to be part of the effort to keep the environment safe. For more information about Green Seal, see: http://www.greenseal.org.
Q: What is EPA Safer Choice certification?
A: EPA Safer Choice is a certification offered by the EPA that helps consumers, businesses and purchasers find products that are safer for people and the environment. ecomaids is proud to be EPA Safer Choice certified and part a collective effort with other like-minded businesses and people to keep the environment safer for people, animals and the environment. For more information about EPA Safer Choice, see: https://www.epa.gov/saferchoice.
Q: Why should I trust ecomaids staff into my home?
A: We understand your concerns about your home, property, and family safety. After all, it can be a very personal thing to allow strangers to come in and go through each room in your house. For this reason, we take a lot of pride in our hiring process and developing crews that we would happily allow into our own homes.
Here are a few ways you know that you can trust your residential cleaning crew from ecomaids in your home:
- We never hire independent contractors. We believe in creating a team of people that we can trust. The process begins with an online application. Then, we take each candidate through an extensive interview process so that we can get to know the people we will be hiring to provide green cleaning services in your house.
- Every person must be eligible to work in the United States. We never hire people illegally. Doing so, we feel, would jeopardize our reputation and the trust we hold with our clients. Because we want to get to know each person in depth before sending them into your house, we only hire people who are eligible to work in our country legally.
- We have very specific requirements in terms of skills and experience. Because environmentally friendly cleaning takes extra effort and skill, we are fairly strict on the abilities of the people we hire. We want you to be left with a sparkling home each and every time. Through the experience and high skill levels of our employees, we know we can achieve this.
- Every worker goes through credit and background checks. Once we feel we may have a great candidate for someone to do the type of in depth cleaning we require from our crews, we finish the process by going through an extensive background check. This includes checking credit, motor vehicle history, and criminal background.
Q: How would I arrange access for ecomaids crew into my home?
A: We suggest one of the following methods of arranging access, but we can accommodate virtually any arrangement that is convenient for you:
- Provide us with a key to keep in our key safe
- Leave a key for us in a specific location
- Leave a key with a neighbor or building manager
- Be at home when the cleaning crew arrives and let them in yourself
Q: What’s the difference between an Initial Service Visit (ISV) and Recurring Service Visit (RSV)?
A: An Initial Service Visit (ISV) is a more detailed cleaning and is designed to bring your home up to professional green cleaning standards by removing dust, grease and other debris that may have collected around your home. An ISV is performed as an initially cleaning but may also be performed if too much time lapses between cleanings due to additional buildup. A Recurring Service Visit (RSV) is a cleaning visit for homes that we service on a regular basis. RSV are lower in cost because we are able to ensure that the home is kept to professional green cleaning standards. For a full comparison of our Initial Service Visit and our Recurring Service Visit view the ecomaids 64-Point Checklist.
Q: How often should my home be cleaned?
A: The answer will vary from person to person. A number of factors go into determining the frequency of cleaning, including:
- How many children do you have?
- How many pets do you have that shed hair?
- What is the size of your home?
- How often do you cook?
- Do your activities at home (like work or hobbies) need to be cleaned after?
- Do you or anyone in your household suffer from allergies?
There is no set recipe for how often you should be cleaning your house. However, the most commonly chosen option is bi-weekly, such that the ecomaids team will clean your home every 2 weeks. This way kitchen spills, floor dust, and all the other places that tend to get dirty, will get attention on a regular basis. Too much time in between cleanings, especially for food and organic particles that harden over time, tend to contribute more to wear and tear of the home, as well as a risk factor for infestations. A regular cleaning by ecomaids professionals will help prevent such outcomes and will keep your house sparkling.
Still, some lifestyles and special needs may require that you need environmentally friendly cleaning more often or less often. If you have a child who is ill and especially at risk for being affected by outside contaminants, you may choose to have your home cleaned more often. But some people who maintain a heavy travel schedule work—and are not home often—may find that a visit from ecomaids once a month may be enough.
Q: What is deep cleaning?
A: Our deep cleaning service includes all of the benefits of our Initial Service Visit (ISV) plus the cleaning of the interiors of items such as drawers, closets, cabinets, refrigerator, oven, etc. We also offer deep clean add-ons for our customers who are interested in specific deep clean items a-la-carte. Read more about our Deep Clean Options and the 64-Point Checklist.
Q: Do I need to have my own cleaning supplies and equipment?
A: Nope, ecomaids equips its cleaning technicians with all the tools, equipment and products to effectively complete each job. We provide the vacuums, mops, dusting equipment, cleaning cloths, and cleansers, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing anything or having other people use your supplies or equipment. Plus, we maintain strict guidelines to ensure all our equipment and products meet the highest green cleaning certification standards. We do and bring everything so that you don’t have to!
Q: Should I tip the crew?
A: Our cleaning technicians take pride in their work and provide top quality service out of respect for their company and its clients. Although gratuities are certainly appreciated, they are not required or expected. For additional details concerning how to leave a tip for our cleaning technicians, contact your local ecomaids office.
Q: How can I book a cleaning?
A: A cleaning can be booked by calling your local ecomaids office or by filling out a quick estimate form and confirming the date you would like to book via email.
Q: Can I see the ecomaids bond and insurance proof?
A: Yes, if you would like to see bond and insurance proof, contact your local ecomaids office.
Q: What if I don’t like how ecomaids cleaned my home?
A: ecomaids provides 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. In delivering our services we strive to maintain the highest quality and provide the greatest value. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your ecomaids experience, simply contact us and let us know where we went wrong. We’ll work with you to ensure that you feel that you’re treated fairly.
Q: What is the ecomaids cancellation policy?
A: Our teams dispatch early each morning, and every evening we confirm our routes and prepare our vehicles and equipment for the next day. In order to maintain efficiency and in consideration of our employees’ schedules, we require notice greater than the weekday prior to the scheduled date of service for all cancellations. If you need to cancel or reschedule a cleaning for any reason, simply call or email us. Cancellations received on the weekday prior to the scheduled date of service are subject to cancellation charge. Cancellation charges may vary by location. Contact your local ecomaids’ office for additional details on cancellation charges that may be incurred if notice is not given greater than the weekday prior to the scheduled date of service. If we do not receive any notice of a cancellation or if we are unable to gain access to your home, we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the scheduled cleaning service.
Q: What kind of cleaning supplies does ecomaids use?
A: ecomaids only uses non-toxic, allergen-free green cleaning products. Our products are certified by the Green Seal and EPA Safer Choice. For more information about our cleaning products, including their ingredients, see the following:
Q: What is the 64-Point Checklist all about?
A: ecomaids 64-Point Checklist is designed to provide our customers with a clear layout of what is included in each of the services we offer. In addition to being useful for our customers, it also serves as a guide for our professional cleaning technicians as they are cleaning. Each room on the checklist is color coded to match one of our microfiber cloths, which helps avoid cross-contamination between rooms.
Q: Do I have to be home for the cleaning?
A: This is completely up to you. Many of our clients provide us with a key prior to their scheduled appointment time if they will not be home during the cleaning. You are also welcome to be home during the cleaning, if you would like.
Q: How long will the cleaning take?
A: It depends on the size of your home, the type of service being performed, and the overall level of cleanliness Deep-clean services can take up to twice as long as a routine cleaning. To receive a more accurate estimate of the time required to clean your home, simply request a quote.
Q: What does ecomaids do to ensure the cleaning is non-toxic and allergen-free?
A: ecomaids takes a multi-level approach when it comes to making sure your cleaning is a non-toxic, allergen-free experience. First, all of our ecomaids products are made of non-toxic, eco-friendly, allergen-free ingredients. Next, we use equipment, such as HEPA filter vacuums, to help reduce the amount of dust in your home. Additionally, we take measure to make sure cross-contamination doesn’t happen between rooms in your home by using color coded microfiber cloths.
Q: How much does ecomaids service cost?
A: The price of your cleaning is based on the type of visit, the size and configuration of your home, and the frequency of service. Our standardized pricing system makes it easy to configure a variety of cleaning options to meet your needs and budget. To receive a free quote, simply request a quick quote and we will get back to you.